Friday, December 10, 2010

DIBELS Awesomeness!!!!!!

DIBELS stands for Dynamic Indicator of Basic Early Literacy Skills. You may remember me talking about it during my earlier post about the use of the metronome.

Today was our big mid-year benchmark. We took the test at the beginning of the year and had some pretty disappointing outcomes. All the students were nervous... and maybe just a bit excited to see how they were doing :)

The kids did FANTASTIC!!!!! ALL of my students improved.

Scores are given in words correct per minute. The goal was 105 wpm. Except 1 of my students who improved only 4 words, all of my students improved at least 10 wpm. The class AVERAGE growth was 24 wpm which is incredible... about a 20% increase. I'm so, so very proud of my students. What a great way to start the weekend!!

1 comment: