Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Easier

for me to find stuff on the blog, than in my email. So, these were my mom's contributions to our school cookbook and I thought I'd paste them here-- that way I knew right where they were :)

HEARTY CORN CHOWDER

2 cans creamed corn

1 can corn

1 pint milk or half and half

2 potatoes, baked al dente, peeled/cubed

salt and pepper to taste

Add if you want: chicken, cubed (I use the store-bought rotisserie chicken); real bacon bits

In a large pot, mix all ingredients together and heat through. For thicker chowder, mix about 3 Tbls flour with cold water and stir in to mixture, continue to heat thoroughly.


ENCHILADA SOUP

1 can refried beans

1 (larger than bean) can enchilada sauce

cubed chicken (I use the store-bought rotisserie chicken) or ground turkey

LOTS of cheddar cheese

Heat thoroughly. Serve with tortilla chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment