Monday, May 9, 2011

Barefoot...kinda

New shoes

Yesterday I went to Skinny Raven, which is Anchorage's primary running store. Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week. Skinny Raven offered 20% off and was open just to teacher's yesterday, which was pretty cool :)

I picked up a pair of shoes for John and one for myself. I was torn between the Merrell "Barefoot" shoe and the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 running shoe. I finally decided to go with the Brooks shoe, thinking that it was more versatile.

But then, I left, and I just kept thinking... since I don't run, I just walk, then I can probably find another "all around" shoe... but the "Barefoot" shoe is super unique. Plus, I've been super happy with my Merrell boots that Dad and Margo got me for my birthday. So, crud... I had chooser's remorse.

I called Skinny Raven and explained. I asked if I could exchange the shoes (without losing the discount)... and they let me! They have my running shoe allegiance! Now I think I'll maybe get a pair of Nevados cross trainers... because I loved them in the summer.

And so, I have these barefoot shoes now... and I'm pleased... they're perfect for the summer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment