Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I think a change... will do you good???

Sheryl Crow thinks a change will do me good, but I'm not so sure.

Due to the need to move the extended resource (self-contained special education) classes closer together, I have to switch classrooms [again!!!].

Kristina (my principal) came in to see me while I was in the computer lab with my kids. She looked sheepish, and I knew something was up. She told me about the change. Ugh!!!

Switching classrooms means that I'm moving to the intermediate wing. This will be good since I'll be closer to the computer lab, the other 4th grade class, resources, etc. BUT, I liked being where I was--close to the office, copy room, younger students (for whom my students had to act as role models). AND, I HATE moving!!!

Everyone has been super nice. Shannon (the teacher I'm switching with) has 2 T.A.'s that will help Friday. Also, everyone has a school-chore hour on Friday. (Friday is our workday without kids.) I was signed up to clean the paper room, but have been crossed off and now people are signed up to help me. Plus, the school psychologist and counselor have both offered to help. John was encouraging too, pointing out that "we've moved you once; we can do it again!"

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment