Monday, May 9, 2011

Student Writing

In honor of having only 8 days left with students (not that I'm counting), I'm posting a link to a website called Sh*t My Students Say. My brother sent this. While it's not G-rated, it is very funny... particularly if you've ever read less-than-stellar college student writing.

It also reminds me of this book I loved when I was in middle school or early high school. It was called Idiot Letters by Paul Rosa. He wrote a bunch of letters to "corporate America" and posted their responses. This review by Robert Sobel gives you an idea. I might have to buy another copy; although...

When I was in elementary and middle school, my favorite sandwich was the 4 inch round with pepperoni and mayonnaise. I decided to try it again in high school... and, I have to say, that was a BAD idea. Yuck... the adult translation is oily meat on top of oily cream on top of white refined carbohydrates. Sometimes things from our youth are best NOT revisited.

No comments:

Post a Comment