Friday, April 15, 2011

Baked Halibut


Lori and Rob gave me some vacuum-packed and frozen halibut and salmon. I wasn't sure how to cook it.

I then remembered that my mom used to make this really, really yummy orange roughy. (On a side note, the orange roughy is a very strange looking fish. The picture of the orange roughy is on the side. It is, however, more interesting looking than the halibut--pictured below.) It had mayonnaise, lemon juice, sour cream, Tabasco sauce, and some spices.

I let the halibut thaw out in the fridge over a couple days, then patted it down with a paper towel. I coated a pyrex dish with olive oil and then liberally sprinkled it with Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning. Then I put the halibut on top of the seasoning. In a bowl I mixed a couple tablespoons of mayonnaise, a couple tablespoons of plain yogurt, a bit of lemon juice, some of the Creole Seasoning, and probably a teaspoon and a half of Sriracha Chili Sauce. I put the sauce on the halibut in a thick layer. I found a recipe for baked halibut... and followed the guidelines for cooking. I preheated the oven to 350 degrees and then baked the halibut for 25 minutes.

The verdict: DELICIOUSNESS ... unbelievably, as tasty as fresh (or at least almost)

No comments:

Post a Comment