Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Testing Adoption




4/7/2011: Here they are. The ones from my room are bigger. The smaller ones are from other doors in the building.

**I received a new sign every day.

The third day of testing was "Miss Fees' Smarties" and all the kids got "You're a Smarty" with the candy and a picture and note from a first grader. Some of the clerks in John's office--Rebecca, Steve, and Jacques--also wrote the kids notes of encouragement. The students were so, so excited that lawyers thought they were smart!

Then today, the students got the "We're 'Rooting' for You" sign and individual chocolate coins with "You're on the money in math" notes and letters from the first graders.

I hope the students are able to show what they know and succeed... they sure had the support!**


Our principal, Ms. Peterson, and the second grade teacher, Ms. Medeiros, had the idea of the primary classes "adopting" the intermediate classes for testing. This was a brilliant idea! It's been a great way to include the younger students (get them excited about tests in the years ahead) and to support the older students.

I've had the best adopter, though. Mrs. Heyroth and her first grade class adopted us. They put a sign on our door last Thursday for the science test... telling us that we were "stars" and giving the classification of stars and telling us we were "rock stars" and giving the types of rocks. It was really cute.

Then this morning I came to school and there was a new sign on the door with all of my kids' names and my name and "you're stars" and even signed by each first grader. I was very impressed... until I went inside and found that Mrs. Heyroth had put an individual bag with 5 Starburst candies and a "You're a Star" for EACH KID!! Oh my goodness!! All of that work... I was so touched :) I'm a lucky, lucky girl to be so supported.

I took pictures, but left the camera at work; so, I'll have to post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment