Saturday, January 29, 2011

Catching Up

I'm so behind in writing! Here's the quick update to get me back on track.

Last weekend John and I joined Kyle, Tracy, Dad, and Margo in Las Vegas to celebrate Dad's 60th birthday. We all had a great time.

We saw the Lion King.


We ate at Hubert Keller's Fleur. Our friend, Judd, had recommended it. It's tapas style and we got to try all sorts of delicious foods--meatballs, a cheese plate, rock shrimp, skirt steak, kobe sliders, mussels, and more. The dish that I expected to hate, but was actually delicious was the raw tuna tacos. So delicious... and I hate raw stuff.

We saw the Titanic and Bodies exhibitions at the Luxor. The Titanic exhibit is cool... just like the one that was at the Arizona Science Center. They did have a huge piece of the Titanic named "The Big Piece", which wasn't in Phoenix (at least I don't remember it). My favorite is still the re-creation of the Grand Staircase. I'm not putting any pictures from the Bodies exhibit. I really wanted to see it. I'd wanted to be a doctor and thought I'd love it. NOPE. Hated it. I found it so disturbing and nauseating. I was shocked!! No thanks.

We also completed CSI: The Experience at the MGM. It was basically a field trip for adults. It was nice to be on that end of a field trip.

We at the Paris's Eiffel Tower Restaurant.

It was a jam-packed few days. We finished the weekend in Phoenix, spending just Saturday evening and Sunday day with Mom, Kerry, Mina, Dodd, Jimmy, and Arash.

No comments:

Post a Comment