Sunday, January 30, 2011

Community Acupuncture

I've been doing community acupuncture. Community acupuncture is where you pay some amount on a sliding scale-- I think the one I'm going to is $20-45 per session. You choose an amount that works for you. My first session was private, then my second session was with 2 other people. It's an interesting approach... but, for me anyway, it's what makes it affordable-- the difference is like $120 vs. $30.

Acupuncture has made a difference in my energy and the tension in my neck. I tend to slep A LOT the day I have it done, but the day after is much better.

If you're interested in trying community acupuncture, Jade Spirit in Phoenix (35th Street and Indian School) offers free acupuncture on First Fridays and $20-40 acupuncture otherwise. It's cross-listed in many places and has 1 positive yelp review, but I don't know anything about this place in particular. Let me know if you try it :)

Here are some other community acupuncture locations:

Los Angeles, CA, Eagle Rock Community Acupuncture
Washington, D.C., Little Bird Acupuncture
Boston, MA, Acupuncture for Everyone or Acupuncture Together

&

I've been going to Spring Wind Acupuncture in Anchorage, but here are some other Anchorage Community Acupuncture locations:
Snow Blossom Acupuncture, Massage Now!, and Spirit Path Acupuncture

or AcuTribe in Fairbanks, AK

1 comment: