Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Birthday


I had a lovely birthday yesterday. Thank you all for your wishes.

It was wonderful having Dad and Margo here and made my first birthday out of Arizona really nice. I have been homesick (the most since I arrived) the last couple days and having them here has helped.

It's hard to see them go, as they are the last of the family visits planned... We've been so lucky to have Mom, Jimmy, Mina and Dodd, and Dad and Margo all visit. Plus, it's getting cold--I had to scrape ice off of the windshield today--which must be difficult to relate to, as I hear you're still in triple digits. While I'm enjoying Anchorage, I'll love the warm Arizona weather, family, and friends at Thanksgiving.

Anyway, it's been a nice couple of days. Here are some pictures from our dinner at Jens' Restaurant tonight (they weren't open yesterday, but I got a sparkler tonight!!), our dessert at home (cake from the Cake Studio) last night, and Dad and Margo's moose and calf and salmon pictures.

For better or worse, this ends Dad's guest-photography.

2 comments: