Monday, September 20, 2010

I Feel the Earth Move

Under my feet
I feel my chair go rolling round
a rolling-a-round
I feel the floor shake
whenever there's an earthquaaake


I'm not sure Carole King would approve, eh? --but today I truly felt the earthquake. My kids were at special, and I was sitting at my desk, when literally my chair kind of bounced and rolled. It took me a second to figure it out and then, I did just what I was supposed to do... ducked and covered!

It was a 4.9 about 19 miles away from Anchorage. It felt strong to me, but my kids were in P.E. and didn't even feel it.

2 interesting sites:
*feeling earthquakes
*Alaskan earthquakes (we truly have dozens a day)

2 comments:

  1. duck and cover... this means that the obligatory reference to this south park episode must be made: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/149714/?searchterm=

    ReplyDelete