Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hand Painted Desserts and Scared Scriptless

Tonight John and I went out... so nice to be in the same city :)

We had dinner at Southside Bistro. We had a couple of appetizers (the calamari and brie flatbread) and split the fillet mignon special... because we had 2 desserts. They are "hand painted"... I'm not really sure what that means, but they were delicious. We had the chocolate terrine. I don't know what I thought that would be; it was kind of like a slice of mousse. Then, we had the peach/raspberry cobbler, which was fantastic.

After dinner we went to Scared Scriptless. That's Anchorage's local improv group. It was fun... very good natured, not offensive.

It was a nice evening. I'm not sure how much I can really write about what I'm eating... perhaps it should be a rule that, if what I ate for dinner is all I can think to write about, it's time to skip blogging ;)

2 comments:

  1. linds--

    seems that you're going through lots of restaurants & activities/sights(etc). Might I suggest making a list somewhere so we can navigate these more easily? Maybe with grades or rankings?

    I'm guessing that Lindsey's Salmon Grill did not debut at the top of this yet-to-be-made list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) A list? I'm not sure... I'll think about it. I think I may just defer to urbanspoon. I'm only writing the remarkable places... hmmmm I'll ponder on your suggestions.

    B) Correct. Boo :(

    ReplyDelete