Friday, June 25, 2010

Salmon Update Uno

Ummm... so John says the salmon tasted good... I thought it tasted okay. I prepared it with soy sauce and horseradish, but it's better when my Dad makes it. He makes it on the barbecue, though; I couldn't barbecue it (we don't have one). Instead, I cooked it on the George Foreman Grill. At first I tried to cook the salmon with the grill open. However, with only 1 side of contact, it seemed to be cooking way too slowly. Then, I tried "tenting" it... still no progress. Finally, I just closed the grill. It was fine, but not stellar.

On a more positive note, I made green beans and those were delicious. I boiled them for a few minutes and then stir fried them for a couple minutes with creole seasoning, seasoned salt, olive oil, and a bit of Worcestershire sauce. Those were delicious. Salmon was eh.

5 comments:

  1. things i need to know:
    1) your proportions for dad's sauce & what brand of horseradish sauce (if you can't get boar's head, i would go with wasabi instead)

    2) what brand of creole seasoning did you use--tra likes green beans and i'd like to cook that for her.

    thx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, to make up for my post about atlantic salmon i bring you SALMON FLAVORED VODKA from Alaska. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I think you and John need to try it and report on it. It's at the Bear Tooth Grill in Anchorage...

    http://consumerist.com/2010/06/are-you-ready-for-smoked-salmon-vodka.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I covered it in soy sauce and used about 1/3 bottle of horseradish sauce (the store brand of Boar's head)... it was too much horseradish sauce. Thoughts?

    2) Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning (it's in a rather large green seasoning bottle)... originally left in our kitchen by our landlord in LA, I can find it at the store up here and send it if you can't find it there. You have to use fresh green beans (they have them at Costco right now)

    3) EWW, gross!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't seem like too much horseradish, but it depends on how many lbs. you were cooking. The bottles tend to be small, but dad usually goes with half a bottle.

    Thx for telling me the seasoning; if we can't get green beans at Costco, we'll just pick them up at an Asian market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were you able to get the seasoning? If not, let me know, I've got to send a package soon.

    ReplyDelete