Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mexican Food Passes Muster... Hasty Retreat Not Necessary!

Okay... as far as comfort food is concerned, some people have meat and potatoes; I have Mexican food. (Among other foods, but you get the idea.)

When I was in 7th grade, I visited the Northeast with Jennifer and her parents. One day we stopped at a creamery in Vermont. We all ordered lunch. A family friend, Mr. Brown--if I recall, ordered a taco salad. (Some of you may see where this is going...) The "taco" consisted of 4 tortilla chips shoved under a garden salad. On top there was tomato paste and sour cream. As I recall, we captured this taco salad with a picture. It was memorable, but not in a good way.

Needless to say, when I consider what the year ahead brings, there better be some really good Mexican food. But, when I think of Anchorage, I'm more apt to associate it with Vermont than Phoenix. I couldn't help thinking... oh please, oh please, oh please have good Mexican food!!!!

So, tonight John and I tried the fare at Serranos Mexican Grill. Yum! The guacamole was fresh and well seasoned. The refried beans had a familiar and smokey flavor. And all I can think is, *PHEW* I don't need to catch the next flight back to Arizona!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, we'll keep it a secret, oh wait, everybody can see this...

    Nothing is more comforting than familiar flavor when in a strange place. Anchorage just got another point!

    ReplyDelete