Saturday, October 9, 2010

Anaheim Peppers

In our produce box, we ordered anaheim peppers. These relatively mild peppers are made quite mild when you take out the seeds.

Today I cut off the base and top of the peppers, sliced them in half, and removed the seeds. I cut them into about 3 inch by 1 inch pieces. I then folded all of them into a large piece of foil and baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. They came out tender and a little smokey. I added a teaspoon-ish of goat cheese (ours had herbs) on each. They were delicious. They tasted like gourmet jalapeno poppers. Yummmm!

On this note, our school is collecting recipes for a charity cookbook. If anyone is interested in contributing a recipe, comment away! If you want to buy a cookbook (I don't know how much yet), do let me know ;)

1 comment:

  1. HEARTY CORN CHOWDER
    2 cans creamed corn
    1 can corn
    1 pint half and half
    2 potatoes, baked al dente, peeled and cubed
    salt and pepper to taste
    Add if you want: chicken, cubed (I use the store-bought rotisserie chicken); real bacon bits
    In a large pot, mix all ingredients together and heat through. For thicker chowder, mix about 3 Tbls flour with cold water and stir in to mixture, continue to heat thoroughly.

    ENCHILADA SOUP
    1 can refried beans
    1 (larger than bean) can enchilada sauce
    cubed chicken (I use the store-bought rotisserie chicken)
    LOTS of cheddar cheese
    Heat thoroughly. Serve with tortilla chips.

    ReplyDelete