Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Rhino in the Driveway



Imagine driving home... and there, in your neighbor's driveway is a rhinoceros. Wouldn't that be CRAZY?

Well, that's about how shocking it is to look over and see a giant moose in your neighbor's front yard. Today we drove home from Costco. We were parking when TA DA-- I saw the moose. I was speechless. I grabbed John's arm and it took a couple seconds for me to gather my words and my wits. THERE was a MOOSE in the neighbor's FRONT YARD. CRAZINESS!! Anyway, John bravely exited the vehicle and caught these pictures. I took the one from the house... [below] so you can see how close it was. So nuts!!

Very Alaska cool!

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A SIGHT!! And, quite obviously, the grass (or branches) ARE greener on the other side of the fence. Since this guy only needed to step AROUND the fence to get there, yet chose to reach OVER it to get to these leaves. I just don't understand why the moose would come to the neighborhood when it has a perfectly beautiful and lush park around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm disappointed you didn't charter a helicopter to go hunting in your own front yard. now, that would have been a story!

    ReplyDelete