Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bathroom Art


We brought several of our favorite art pieces up from Arizona and Michigan. As we began to arrange them, we were stumped when it came to the bathroom.

The bathroom needed something, but we had some challenges:
1. Because of the steam, we didn't want to put any cherished pieces in the bathroom. But, we also didn't want to purchase something new and expose it to the moisture.
2. John purchased us a retro-looking shower curtain. It's very cool, but not easily matched to other art.

So, we didn't know what to do.

That's when I came across the Book Cover Archive. (I actually think I found it when I was looking for a picture for my post about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.)

I decided to use book covers that were visually interesting and used the colors I needed. I sent them to Walgreens.com, picked them up, and put them in a set of IKEA Ribba frames. Super cheap... and, I think, super cool.

1 comment:

  1. ...and I can attest to the fact that it's even cuter in person! While I enjoyed the retro shower curtain and the artwork, the best part of the bathroom is the roomy shower. The way they put it together actually gives you about 10" extra shower space to move around in (and the hottest water you'll probably ever experience - hot tea with tap water hot!). You'll just have to go experience for yourselves!

    Oh, and visitors to Lindsey and John's will get to experience an incredibly comfortable guest room bed!!

    ReplyDelete