Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Feeling Old.. Great Intermediate Grade Kids' Books

I started poking around looking for great books for 4th graders. I could only remember Sideways Stories from Wayside School, Bunicula, and Super Fudge... the grades in elementary school all kind of blur together. When I found a listing of 4th grade books, I discovered that all my favorites were CLASSICS!!! When did that happen? I swear I'm not that old!!

Anyway, I decided to write a proposal on Donor's Choose for books. You can see it if you click here ;) I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, if you have any "old" books that you'd be willing to part with, please let me know. I'm sure I can find a way to get them here.

Keep on readin'!

(Oh, by the way, my name and school information on the Donor's Choose site is only available if I give you that link. Random strangers can't find me that way... just in case you were worried.)

3 comments:

  1. Those are some really great books. Others I liked in 4th-5th grade were "Nothing to Fear" (about the Great Depression) and pretty much EVERY Roald Dahl book. Another thing that I remember vividly from school was a 7th grade English teacher who read out loud from a book above our grade level. Every week he'd spend about 20 minutes of class time reading from Lord of the Flies, with accents for Piggy & all. We read the book in its entirety in 9th or 10th grade but it wasn't nearly as memorable. See if there's some junior high books that you can read aloud to your class - it's fun!

    Also, I think my dad still has some of those books floating around his house so I'll check with him. After about 6th grade most of my books came from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Tamar.

    Thanks so much Mom and Kerry :)

    ReplyDelete