Friday, August 27, 2010

No Thanks

So, there's this movie about a guy whose twin brother was a scientist, but then the brother dies and so the guy, whose an ex-marine, links up with this blue giant who has some of his brother's DNA and on a foreign planet he tries to save a clan of people with hunters and then he falls in love with a blue person and rides a dragon... GASP... long sentence ;)

Ok, really? That sounds TERRIBLE!!! This seems like the most ridiculous film ever. Like a Saturday morning cartoon that's canceled after 2 weeks. No thanks; I'll pass.

BUT, it's actually great!-- because, if you didn't catch the plot, it's Avatar. I had no desire to see the movie when it was released. I mean, blue giants and war???? No. However, it was re-released on IMAX 3D and we saw it tonight.

John and his parents, Mina and Dodd, had all seen it before. I hadn't. And, only John had seen it in 3D. We all went and really enjoyed it. It's so immersive. During the scene with the ashes, I actually swatted away a few ashes before I hopped back to reality... no ashes in the theater. Very, very good. Glad I took a "No Thank You helping".

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! Didn't know Mina and Dodd were there. That's so great!! I really liked Avatar too - yep, not for the story, but the COLORS!!. It's so beautiful!! Glad you had a good time. Mom

    ReplyDelete