Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Little Nuts

So, this afternoon I called over a charming, but hyper student. "Steve (let's pretend his name is Steve), why do you think you're driving me a little nuts right now?" I asked.

Steve thought for just a second before saying. "I'm not driving you nuts; I took my medicine this morning."

I said, "Steve, I know that you took your medicine, but what might you be doing that's driving me a bit bonkers?"

He said. "Nope. I'm not. I took my medicine this morning, and yesterday, and I have to take it tomorrow too."

Sigh ;)

"Okay, but Steve, how many times since we've been back from P.E. have you gotten out of your seat without asking?"

The wheels are turning. "Three?" He holds up his fingers to be more convincing.

"Six, Steve... six. Look, I'm not mad and you aren't in trouble, but I need you to stay in your seat, okay?"

Hmmm... "Okay, yeah." and off he bounded.

Sweet, sweet kid... just a bit, um, hyper ;)

2 comments:

  1. But I took my medicine today! (Doesn't that fix everything?) I think you have a good tactic--I'll have to try that with my students, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these stories!
    (though this could quite easily be from middle school...ha!)
    -andrew

    ReplyDelete