Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kids

So, yesterday my kids were little squirrels... compounded by (or perhaps an effect of) my having a migraine. I had this little inkling of dread that maybe the new had worn off and the yuck was shining through.

Alas, my kids were back to their sweet selves today :) I still have a few chatters, but they are just so nice. They earned 4 "puzzle pieces" today... the puzzle pieces are part of an incentive program for our school... basically the pieces are recognition of the kids' good behavior. The pieces have to come from other teachers or staff... so, it's not like I gave the kids the pieces. The kids even got the puzzle pieces for all being on task... I mean, when are ALL kids on task? --I always work for that; but, so often, you get one on task and the others get off. For a long time I've taught like I was supposed to-- but kids didn't always follow suit. Now, they do :) What a joy!!

2 comments:

  1. Puzzle pieces...do they go together into some special school puzzle, or...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We each have a "Willing Wolverine" puzzle for our classes... ours is halfway done, so we'll have to see what's next ;)

    ReplyDelete