Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bulletin Boards

Anyone who knows me probably knows that I love puns and alliteration... "It's your thyme!"

This year I've decided to have a theme for my classroom-- food: growing, cooking, eating

My mom has been a big help hunting down and giving me lots of great ideas. Here are some of our ideas:

*for students' great work-- Miss Fees' Farm, Growing Great Thinkers (with a harvest border)
*for students' good deeds-- How Sweet of You! (with an ice cream cone border)
*for today's list of "must do" and "may do" items-- Today's Menu
*for our class jobs-- Our Class Farmers
*for our reading board-- Nuts About Reading, This Week's Nut to Crack
*for our word wall-- Watermelon Word Wall, Words are the seeds of reading.
and, to this end, my dad sent me a picture of a carved watermelon from a buffet in Vietnam... really quite impressive!










Incidentally, if anyone has any good ideas for a math board, I'd LOVE to hear them. I'm stuck on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment