Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fix You

At some point in each of our lives, I think we have all felt the need to care for someone we love. John and I have been watching So You Think You Can Dance? on TV. This week there was a routine choreographed by a man whose mother had just had major surgery. The routine was created to represent the choreographer's desire to take care of his mother and was set to Coldplay's "Fix You". For me it was really reminiscent of the pain of wishing someone well, but being somewhat powerless. Everyone has experienced this to some extent or another. This dance really reminded me of this universal experience. Hopefully no one is dealing with this now, and I hope that this routine is powerful enough to remind you you're not alone. [Warning-- This gave me goosebumps... so it might conjure tears :( ]

3 comments:

  1. We watch SYTYCD every week. I liked this choreography a lot, but Mia Michaels pretty much ruined it for me when she was like "and I was hoping I could fix her." Travis is really coming out as a great choreographer though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah-- I was pleased to find this clip without the judges' comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link to the dance was removed due to a conflict w/Dick Clark Productions...so no tears for me today!

    ReplyDelete