Monday, July 26, 2010

School Year

Glendale Elementary School District teachers returned to work today.

Anchorage School District teachers did not... unless they wanted to ;) The schools are open, but teachers don't start until August 12th.

ASD students will start the following week on the 18th. That's a Wednesday, which I think is great. This gives us a few days to start readjusting to the school routine. Then, phew, a weekend to decompress.

Can't believe school is coming so quickly. Before my mom arrives late on Wednesday night (really Thursday morning) I'm mostly just cleaning up the classroom. That way, when Mom arrives, we can get to the fun stuff.

Anybody ever think of a farm or food pun for math? Please. See 7/22 post if you don't know what I'm talking about :)

FYI: Here's the calendar for the Anchorage School District.

2 comments:

  1. Gracious, I'd give a small appendage to have that intro schedule - it sounds so much more manageable at this point!
    -andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad emailed me with:

    Try food factor
    Anything with pie
    Fig newtons
    Carrots or potatoes cut into little square are square roots

    ...

    I ended up deciding to go with...

    See what's cooking in math...

    ReplyDelete