Thursday, July 1, 2010

A way cooler blog...

I really wanted sweet potato fries tonight. (We ended up at The New Peanut Farm. It was a neat Sports Bar... not quite Zips, but the booths had personal tvs. They also had 40 beers on tap--more on beer in another post. We sat inside, because it was a bit chilly. They seemed to have a pretty creekside area though.) In my search for sweet potato fries in Anchorage, I came across this other blog, which is way more interesting!!! It's called Anchorage Gourmet, and it's very cool if you want to check it out. I'm definitely going to try cooking the sweet potato fries and possibly the porkchops. I'll keep you "posted".

3 comments:

  1. Your Blogs make me hungry! I checked out the menu and it looks yummy. I love sweet potato fries too and the frozen ones aren't bad, I always have them on hand. Also, I have sliced (round slices)and cooked fresh ones on the George Foreman Grill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read this one a while back about perfect french fries and am still waiting to try it: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/05/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-perfect-mcdonalds-style-french-fries.html

    maybe you can try the same recipe but with sweet potato if the one you tried doesn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, I now have a George Foreman grill. How do you cook them?

    Kyle, that person has way too much time... and they're fried!

    ReplyDelete